Brock and Bowdy were playing in their room when they had the idea to use the dresser as a jungle gym. With the security cameras rolling, Brock and Bowdy climbed into the bottom dresser drawer, then the unthinkable occurred.
The dresser flipped and Brock was trapped underneath!
His head and upper body took the brunt of the fall and there was no way for him to escape by himself! Mustering all of his strength, Bowdy maneuvered the dresser while Brock squirmed below.
To stop those who are jumping to conclusions about negligent parenting or implementing poor safety standards, Ricky Shoff, the boys' father told CNN just how important their children's well-being is to them!
"We were hesitant to post this video initially, but a lot of parents have probably made the same mistake that we made, (they) don't have their furniture secure or bolted to a wall.... Our house is very childproof, we are really cautious about all this stuff - so it never really crossed our minds that something like this could happen."
The Shoffs have baby-proofed everything in their home, except for bolting the dresser against the wall, which is something most people don't think about! They're praying their story is enough to stop another potentially dangerous accident from happening.
Watch the entire heartstopping rescue here!
Though difficult to watch, the Shoff's are thankful neither boy sustained any injuries and are urging all parents to bolt down heavy furniture. This could've easily ended in a disaster!