Mom Sometimes Uses A Baby Sling For Her Infant, One Day Feels Intense Burning On Her Chest
Kristin Danley 11/6/2017
Baby slings are an absolute must for busy moms who need both hands free. Many moms have folded laundry, escorted rambunctious toddlers on walks and even gone shopping with their wee ones nestled safely in the sling.
Some slings also are exceptionally helpful when wanting to discretely nurse a baby or simply keep a little one close to momma's beating heart. They can be found listed on many baby shower registries and are a staple for today's mom.
Molly Landis, a mom from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, loves her baby sling and regularly uses it. That was, until she faced a near-tragedy because of that very sling.
Molly's sweet baby was just four weeks old and she was comfortably cozy in a baby sling. Molly particularly loved cooking with her darling daughter snuggled up against her.
But not wearing the sling this one time saved her baby's life...
"As a new mom, I often wear my sweet four-week-old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands-free, especially with a needy babe). On this particular night, a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby, because for the first time in her life, she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn't wearing her while I was in the kitchen."
For an unknown reason, Molly's stove burner exploded and sent a fireball that burned her face, neck and chest. She sustained significant "horrible and painful" burns and open wounds.
Despite the frightening incident, Molly knows she and her baby were blessed to be apart at that very moment. The burns Molly suffered were exactly where her daughter would sit if she were in her swing.
"The worst of my burns is to my chest -- exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier. The point of my message is to pleaseeeee be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies!"
Molly shared her experience with her close mommy friends who encouraged her to go public with her story and possibly save other babies' lives. Since Molly posted her story on Facebook, it's spread like wildfire.
"We never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn't near the explosion.”
Molly's post has been shared more than 25,000 times and has received over 17,000 reactions.