Teens Stay Up Playing Video Games & Eating Pizza But Following Day Mom Finds Them Lifeless On Floor
Marilyn Caylor 11/30/2018
Gunner Bundrick was your typical teenage boy, in that he did pretty much everything that most boys love to do. He played sports in high school, ate junk food, and stayed up late at night playing video games with his friends. But, something went terribly wrong a few weeks ago when the 19-year-old invited one of his buddies over to his house for their usual bro-night of food and festivities.
For some unknown reason, Gunner and his friend, Jake Morales, decided to play a different kind of game that evening. Sadly, the two 19-year-old's never stood a chance of coming out of it alive. When Gunner's mom found them on the floor the next morning, all she could do was weep over their lifeless bodies, and wonder how two supposedly smart young men could go down a rabbit hole that cost them their lives.
Gunner's aunt, Brandi Bundrick Nishnick, thanked everyone for the outpouring of love and support on her Facebook page. She then went on to share the more intimate details of what happened that night, in an attempt to spread awareness about the tragic situation the boys found themselves in that night.
"I feel it's important to tell Gunner's story for 3 reasons: #1- Gunner was an amazing kid who deserved the life he won't get the chance to live so I owe him his story to be told. #2- I want to clear up any misconceptions and give the facts. #3- Gunner's story could very well save your child's life so please, share his story."
Aside from the usual sports and video games, there's one other thing that many teenage boys love to do - experiment. Unfortunately, Gunner and Jake didn't realize that the bottle of pills they got their hands on was laced with unforeseen consequences that neither of them had bargained for.
Percocet is a popular painkiller that is both widely available and very addictive. What Gunner and Jake didn't know was that the prescription-only medication they got from who knows where wasn't quite so legit. It was laced with massive amounts of a synthetic opioid called fentanyl, which is often added to drugs to increase its potency.
"Gunner has no history of drug use, has never been a "problem child", was a star athlete, wonderful son and brother and was extremely loved in his community. We don't know why he decided to take "a pill" that night. The only thing we can assume is that the curiosity of knowing what the "high" is like came into play? Again, we can only assume. His friend also took a pill."
According to Gunner's aunt, the only "positive" aspect about this whole story is that the boys felt no pain and didn't suffer. According to detectives, a dose of fentanyl that's the size of two grains of table salt can take down a grown adult. The pills Gunner and Jake took were composed of up to 50% of the synthetic drug, and as a result, the teens passed away almost immediately.
Facebook/Brandi Bundrick Nishnick
Brandi explained that although the family is heartbroken over the tragic events that unfolded that night, there is an extremely important lesson to be learned here.
"THERE CAN BE NO EXPERIMENTING. None. It's truly a matter of life or death. You can't see fentanyl. You can't smell fentanyl. Tell your kids Gunner's story. Show them his picture. I can't describe the amount of pain my brother, sister-in-law and Gunner's sisters are going through- a pain that will NEVER end. A hole that will NEVER be filled. A life that will never be brought back. A beautiful life. Gone forever."
Experimenting with medication is now more dangerous than ever, especially since you can buy practically anything online from people who are making these pills in their garage. It's natural to be curious, but Brandi wants parents everywhere to tell their kids about Gunner's story, and show them his picture. The pain and the hole in this family's hearts will never be filled, and a beautiful life is now gone forever as a result of one very careless mistake.